Visibility Leads to More Responsive and Agile Operations
Logistics companies are increasingly facing business obstacles which are more daunting than ever before, with rising fuel costs, an expanding base of regional suppliers, global environmental concerns and compliance with regulatory mandates.
How can we help
Icon has helped many transportation and logistics organizations around the world, from air couriers to ocean and marine shippers, to warehousing and third-party logistics firms, to empower end-user driven business discovery and analytics to improve their operational performance.
We have helped our customers to implement QlikView Business Discovery platform, which helps transport and logistics companies to:
- Improve profitability with in-depth analysis of service and network portfolio across customers, suppliers and every step in the logistics chain
- Track supplier performance against service level agreements to identify opportunities, negotiate intelligently, and tier contracts based on results
- Analyze loads, routes, carriers, tendering, bookings, customs filings, freight audit and payment on a by-order basis to reduce cost variables
- Improve cash flow and gain operational efficiencies by enabling streamlined business discovery across all enterprise functions
- Streamline safety, traceability and compliance reporting with drill-down detail to documentation
Our customer is one of the largest ship management companies in Asia . The company has been entrusted with the management of over 20 ocean going ships of various companies in the Asia Pacific region.
Our customer wanted to implement a comprehensive crew management system which could integrate well with existing Oracle applications and enhance their performance tracking mechanism by giving them detailed analysis on various parameters like cost of hiring ,cost of training,cost per vessel etc.
Solution Proposed and Implemented
We implemented QlikView which helped them to do the desired analysis on various parameters which was not being done earlier with the existing system. They had 2 different data sources -oracle financials and CMS system and implementation of QlikView helped them to extract data from both and perform analysis to know about critical issues like batch wise attrition rate,batchwise hiring cost etc.