By testing specific areas of your financial applications, administrators and developers will be better prepared to tackle design and production issues long before they become real problems. The result is a more productive experience for the end-user, administrator, and developer.
EPM System Health Check & Advisory
Performance diagnostics are a critical part of maintaining your enterprise-wide applications and assist in providing a logical and scientific approach to examining both existing applications and future development efforts.
A complete performance diagnostic also determines how well the application fits the current state of the organization and helps to answer the following questions
- How well is the system designed?
- What are its strengths and weaknesses?
- Does the architecture deliver optimal performance for the existing feature set?
- Will the system easily flex for short-term strategy adjustments?
- How much effort will be required to adjust to strategic long-term shifts?
Performance Analysis Framework
The Performance Analysis Framework Review encompasses the following three areas of the application
- System Architecture and Infrastructure review – Icon experts will assess configuration and optimization of both hardware and software throughout your systems.
- Model Architecture and Data Flow – This will answer business questions related to your application and will focus on the impact of strategic initiatives and model design with respect to described business problems. This review will also address documentation of data flows, best practices in security and performance, and the validated dimensionality of cubes.
- User Experience and Response Time – This assessment will determine how well your application meets the needs of your end users. This review provides model evaluation and user analysis profiles. It also tests a wide range of performance and reporting functions.
Results of Performance Diagnostic Testing
Upon completion of the Performance Diagnostics, a report is generated to:
- outline strategic findings
- offer specific performance improvement recommendations
- provide suggestions for longer term initiatives to optimize system performance
- categorize the issues as per priority and expected efforts to fix the same